Updated 2015-01-30

History

Timeline | External | Internal | Bells | Stained Glass |

The Bells

Only one of the church's four bells now hangs in the tower. 

The others were removed from the tower in 1982 by Engineers and Apprentices from Stowmarket ICI.

Their details are:
1. Cast by John Darbie of Ipswich in 1662. Diameter: 35 1/16" Weight: c. 7 1/2 cwt 

2. Cast by Miles Graye of Colchester in 1619. Diameter: 38 3/8" Weight: c. 9 1/4 cwt 

3. Probably cast by Richard Brasyer II of Norwich c. 1478 - 1513. Diameter: 43 7/16" Weight: c. 14 cwt 

4. Cast by John Draper of Thetford in 1627. Diameter: 46 7/8" Weight: c. 18 cwt. This bell still hangs in the tower.